When a tooth is cracked, decayed, or damaged, a dental crown is used. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and/or to improve its appearance. Crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there is not enough tooth structure
- To hold a bridge in place
- To cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
Our permanent crowns are made of all ceramic materials (porcelain).
- Ceramic (porcelain) are very popular because of their excellent esthetics and ability to create a more beautiful and natural smile. Our Doctors utilize primarily three types of porcelain crowns: Select, Procera, and Empress. These all-ceramic crowns provide the optimum in all-ceramic materials, combined with exceptional natural-looking esthetics, and state-of-the-art CAD/CAM design technology.
Comprehensive Dental Care
Our Huntsville dental care practice concentrates on family, implant and cosmetic dentistry.
Our goal as dental health professionals is to provide you with adequate education to make informed health conscious decisions. Dental health means more than just an attractive smile. Poor oral health and untreated oral conditions can have a significant impact on your quality of life. In many cases, the condition of the mouth reflects the condition of the body as a whole. Through an ongoing relationship with you and your family, we will do our very best to ensure a lifetime of healthy smiles.
4605 Bellewood Circle
Huntsville, AL 35802